We want to ensure that you feel confident about every aspect of your experience with us; from booking your appointment and preparing for your treatment to enjoying your massage. The information below is provided to help you prepare for your appointment and understand our clinic policies. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705.816.0115 if you have any questions or concerns.
What to Expect:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your first scheduled treatment. This will allow time for you to fill in your health history form and discuss your needs and treatment options with your RMT.
- We encourage open communication with your RMT, so please feel free to ask questions or share your concerns at any time during your appointment.
- Your RMT will also discuss with you your comfort level regarding undress during your treatment. Accommodation for your comfort level can always be provided; however, treatments will be of most benefit to you when your therapist is in direct contact with your skin.
- Your RMT will provide you with all the information you need to provide informed consent for your treatment.
- During your treatment, only the area your RMT is working on will be uncovered (unless otherwise discussed). The rest of your body will be covered by a sheet or blanket at all times.
- After your treatment your RMT will discuss further treatment recommendations and possible exercises or other suggestions that may improve your wellbeing.
- Once payment has been made for your treatment, you will receive an invoice that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. The invoice will be provided in the name of the person who received the treatment. Please note that this clinic does not deal directly with any insurance companies.
- This clinic is a scent-free zone. Please refrain from using any fragrance the day of your treatment including perfume or cologne, scented lotions, scented bodywashes and soaps, or essential oils.
- Please ensure your cell phone is on silent while you are inside the clinic. Better still, turn it off completely so you can focus on yourself and enjoy your treatment time.
- Late arrivals will result in reduced hands-on time during your treatment (i.e. if you arrive 10 minutes late, your massage time will be reduced by 10 minutes), but you will be billed according to the time scheduled. As a courtesy, please call the clinic to let us know if you are going to be late. Accommodations may be possible.
- The clinic requires one full business day’s notice for cancelling and/or rescheduling Less than one business day’s notice and you will be billed $50.
- Patients with a fever will not be treated. If you are unwell, please reschedule your treatment once you have recovered. If you arrive at the clinic displaying symptoms of illness you may be asked to wear a mask or reschedule your treatment.
- Please let us know at the time of booking if you have a Gift Certificate and present it at your appointment. Gift Certificates are non-refundable, non-transferable and can not be reimbursed by your insurance company.
- Your privacy is important to us. All information collected from you regarding your health history and treatments will be stored in a locked and fireproof cabinet. Your email will only be used for direct communications with you, such as appointment confirmations and reminders. This clinic adheres to privacy guidelines set out by the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIP) in accordance with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).